There are many uses for sodium, and these powerful uses for salt will serve your health and happiness like salt never has before. More than just to taste, these simple life hacks will make you rethink this common spice, and it’s many applications around the home.
There are various forms of salt, yet the most commonly used and known being regular white table salt. However, this salt isn’t recommended by those of us here at Spirit Earth Awakening simply because it lacks any real health or nutritional value. Instead, we like to opt for any variety of sea salt, or best yet – Pink Himalayan salt.
11 Powerful Uses For Salt That Serve Your Health and Happiness…
1. Sprinkle salt on the frying pan before cooking, steaming, or sauteing vegetables. The salt will help add flavor and also keep the vegetables from sticking to the pan.
2. Add a pinch of salt to a 50:50 ratio of water and vinegar for a strong cleaning reagent. Use this mixture to polish wooden furniture, countertops, sinks, among other sources. Add a few drops of your favorite essential oil for an extra aromatic kick.
3. Dip went hands into salt to help get a good grip on slippery surfaces.
4. Scour pans with salt water to help rid them of any unwanted odors, stuck-on residue, and stubborn stains.
5. Add salt to your water before boiling noodles or corn on the cob to help make them softer and add flavor.
6. Soak potatoes in lukewarm salt water for 10 minutes before rinsing and baking them in the oven. This makes them softer and helps them to bake faster.
7. Add a dash of salt to the pan before making fried apples to help them become more candied, helping them last a little while longer.
8. Add salt to the inner flesh of cut apples to keep them fresh and pristine longer, instead of oxidizing as fast and becoming brown in appearance.
9. Wet lips and rub salt over them with a finger or toothbrush to peel away any dead skin, leaving them supple and smooth – be sure to moisturize after!
10. Use salt to clean knives or cast-iron pans to keep them from tarnishing as quickly.
11. Mix even parts salt, sugar, cornmeal, and honey to make a healthy homemade facial scrub, rinse thoroughly and moisturize after.
How many different tips, tricks, and hacks do you know with salt? Its uses are far and many, both inside and outside of the kitchen, throughout the home. Leave your suggestions in the comments below! ♥
Latest posts by Breanne Katherine (see all)
- DIY Dry Shampoo Recipe With Orris Root For Super Shiny Hair! - November 1, 2017
- Spray-On Dry Shampoo For Quick Clean Hair In a Few Simple Steps - September 22, 2017
- Electronic Tattoo That Can Access Your Phone or Electronic Devices With a Single Touch! - August 17, 2017