Using dry shampoo every other day (in comparison to washing hair with liquid shampoo daily), helps keep hair healthy and clean, without stripping away the scalp’s natural oils. Plus, the use of tap water from the shower, which contains many unwanted pollutants such as trace amounts of chlorine and other harmful chemicals, can be abrasive to hair if used to wash with daily.
Instead, opt for dry shampoo every second or third day… using liquid shampoo only 2-3 times a week!
In general, creating an all-natural DIY shampoo for those seeking a home-made organic option has many benefits and perks, in comparison to store-bought shampoo.
In particular, try this spray-on dry shampoo recipe for a simple, healthy alternative.
Ingredients needed to make spray-on dry shampoo…
♦ 1 cup of water
♦ 4 tablespoons of vodka
♦ 4 tablespoons of cornstarch
♦ 4 drops of essential oils (sweet orange, or other preferred fragrance)
How to create spray-on dry shampoo…
1. Boil the water then allow it to cool to room temperature
2. In a clean spray bottle, combine the water and all other ingredients, shake well
3. Lightly spray the mixture into hair, concentrating on the roots and on oily areas
4. Allow to dry and style as usual
Simple, strong, clean, and healthy hair does not get any easier than this!
NOTE: Add a few dried, crushed flower petals for a pleasing aroma, such as rose petals or lavender. Also, store your dried shampoo in a glass jar with an airtight lid in a cool, dark, dry place. The active ingredients in the recipe usually remain potent anywhere from 3 to 4 weeks.
For another alternative shampoo option, check out this recipe on how to make all-natural, organic shampoo bars that can be used for both hair and body. ♥
Latest posts by Breanne Katherine (see all)
- Spray-On Dry Shampoo For Quick Clean Hair In a Few Simple Steps - September 22, 2017
- Electronic Tattoo That Can Access Your Phone or Electronic Devices With a Single Touch! - August 17, 2017
- Dry Shampoo For Dark Hair; Clean and Smooth - August 11, 2017