Using dry shampoo every other day (in comparison to washing hair with liquid shampoo daily), helps keep hair healthy and clean, without stripping away the scalp’s natural oils. Plus, the use of tap water from the shower, which contains many unwanted pollutants such as trace amounts of chlorine and other harmful chemicals, can be abrasive to hair if used to wash with daily.
Instead, opt for dry shampoo every second or third day… using liquid shampoo only 2-3 times a week!
In general, creating an all-natural DIY shampoo for those seeking a home-made organic option has many benefits and perks, in comparison to store-bought shampoo.
In particular, try this dry shampoo for light hair recipe for a simple, healthy alternative.
Ingredients needed to make dry shampoo for light hair…
♦ 4 tablespoons of arrowroot
♦ 5 drops of chamomile essential oil (or preferred essential oil)
How to create dry shampoo for light hair…
1. Mix the arrowroot with the drops of chamomile essential oil (or essential oil or your choice)
2. Apply this dry shampoo mixture to oily areas of hair, rubbing into the roots
3. Brush hair thoroughly and style as usual
4. Store any remaining mixture in a sealable container for continued use
Simple, strong, clean, and healthy hair does not get any easier than this!
NOTE: Add a few dried, crushed flower petals for a pleasing aroma, such as rose petals or lavender. Also, store your dried shampoo in a glass jar with an airtight lid in a cool, dark, dry place. The active ingredients in the recipe usually remain potent anywhere from 3 to 4 weeks.
For another alternative shampoo option, check out this recipe on how to make all-natural, organic shampoo bars that can be used for both hair and body. ♥
Latest posts by Breanne Katherine (see all)
- Hot Tub Hammock Review – What To Watch Out For (Hydro Hammock) - July 25, 2017
- Taurus Sun Sign and What It all Means – How They Shine! - July 21, 2017
- Lighten Your Load With This Lightweight New Shoe Technology! - July 18, 2017