Using dry shampoo every other day (in comparison to washing hair with liquid shampoo daily), helps keep hair healthy and clean, without stripping away the scalp’s natural oils. Plus, the use of tap water from the shower, which contains many unwanted pollutants such as trace amounts of chlorine and other harmful chemicals, can be abrasive to hair if washed in it daily.
Instead, opt for dry shampoo every second or third day… using liquid shampoo only 2-3 times a week!
In general, creating an all-natural DIY shampoo for those seeking a home-made organic option has many benefits and perks, in comparison to store-bought shampoo.
In particular, try this dry shampoo for dark hair recipe for a simple, healthy alternative.
Ingredients needed to make dry shampoo for dark hair…
♦ 2 tablespoons of pure cocoa powder
♦ 5 drops of vanilla essential oil
♦ 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
How to create dry shampoo for dark hair…
1. Combine the cocoa powder and the cornstarch
2. Mix the vanilla essential oil drops gently into the mixture
3. Apply the mixture to the oily areas of hair, focusing primarily on the roots, then comb or brush through hair and style it as normal
4. Store any remaining mixture in a sealable container and store in cool, safe place
Simple, strong, clean, healthy hair doesn’t get any easier than this!
NOTE: Add a few dried, crushed flower petals for a pleasing aroma, such as rose petals or lavender. Also, store your dried shampoo in a glass jar with an airtight lid in a cool, dark, dry place. The active ingredients in the recipe usually remain potent anywhere from 3 to 4 weeks.
For another alternative shampoo option, check out this recipe on how to make all-natural, organic shampoo bars that can be used for both hair and body. ♥
Latest posts by Breanne Katherine (see all)
- DIY Dry Shampoo Recipe With Orris Root For Super Shiny Hair! - November 1, 2017
- Spray-On Dry Shampoo For Quick Clean Hair In a Few Simple Steps - September 22, 2017
- Electronic Tattoo That Can Access Your Phone or Electronic Devices With a Single Touch! - August 17, 2017