If your home is in the woods, there are no second thoughts that you live in heaven. Have you ever heard about ‘landscaping’? It is the art of creating your surroundings in such a way that aggrandizes the beauty of it.
Now you must be wondering: how can you do this woodscaping? Well, it is not a headache if you know something about woodworking. There are ample amount of options that can help to enhance the beauty of ambiance. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Try to plant more trees of various species near your home.
- Pick plants which can contribute to enhancing the beauty, such as flowers or delicious fruits.
- What do you think about a shaded garden?
- Collect woody things to accommodate wildlife.
- Protect gorgeous features of woods such as a patch of ferns, logs or a lake.
Apart from doing these things, you can use your creativity as plenty of wood is available to practice your woodworking skills. All you need to do is to create things which make your landscape look fascinating.
Before you start working there are a few things presented below to keep in mind.
1. Protect Nature
If you try modern landscaping ideas, you may have a rough time doing so. This is because it is a bit difficult to clear the place. Instead, the best idea is to embrace the natural beauty.
How to include natural things is a pretty good question. You can always use rocks, wood chips or gravel instead of creating a solid path. If there is a pond or water stream, use these to best accompany your landscape. Or even use boulders as a border for your lawn to give it a natural look.
2. Add Fencing Around Your Landscape
Fencing helps you in several manners. The first is that, by adding fencing, you define the border of your property. The second thing is that it keeps wildlife away from your landscape.
Though you may enjoy animals in your landscape, it can be a headache to deal with them. They may potentially mess with all the plants and decorations you have in use and create havoc. Therefore, consider opting for fencing.
There are several types of fencing such as wrought iron, chain-link, plastic fencing and much more. You can practice your woodworking skills by creating wooden fencing if you do not care much about wildlife. It certainly gives a rustic and charming look.
3. Plant Shade-Loving Plants
There are different plants which do not seek much of the sunlight. Such plants give a colorful and beautiful look. They are also preferable because wooded areas do not have exposure to sunlight.
What about creating a center of attraction?
Trying to place a bird bath is a good idea. Moreover, any huge tree or pond is a wise choice to place in the center. Such focal points help design and shape the entire landscape around it.
There is another way you can perform woodworking. You can make create a beautiful bridge made of woods. It may sound difficult at first, but it is not. All you need is the right collection of tools, enough lumber, woodworking skills, and the correct use of equipment such as the use of the best table saw.
There are four steps to do this. Follow them carefully, and you will end up making the perfect and most attractive bridge in your garden.
- Build the basic forms for your bridge
- Construct your beams meticulously
- Install all the beams in the correct manner
- Complete the construction of the bridge by planting wooden planks at the right places
List of tools you will need for woodworking:
- Circular saw
- Framing square
- Concrete mixing board
- Measuring tape
- Belt sander
In a nutshell,
There are plenty of ways to enhance the beauty of your landscape. Use creativity and imagination for your available space. For further inspiration, you can always call a local forester or logger to get advice, or enlist the help of friends and family for inspiration. Happy woodworking!
Latest posts by Victor Crafter (see all)
- How to Create a Backyard Garden – 14 Beautiful, Lush, and Organic Tips - July 6, 2017
- How To Create a Healthy, Organic Kitchen In Your Backyard - April 28, 2017
- Healthy Home Landscaping: Using The Art of Woodworking! - April 6, 2017