Bob Marley was a phenomenal man, helping to spur the awakening and enlightenment of individuals through his medium of music for many years. Though deceased, Mr. Marley has continued to inspire the World ever since his passing. In November 2014, Forbes Magazine listed Marley as number five on the list of highest-earning dead celebrities.
In the past two decades alone, Marley has sold more than 75 million albums, with more than 12 million copies of his best-selling reggae album ‘Legend’ being sold internationally, with several thousand new units sold every week.(1)
Below you’ll find 12 powerful Bob Marley quotes to live your life by…
1. “Don’t Gain The World and Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver or Gold.”
S.E.A. Interpretation: Strive toward your passions and follow your heart. Don’t lose yourself in the process of achieving success. Monetary value is much less satisfactory in the long-term than the value of self-respect and integrity.
2. “You Never Know How Strong You Are Until Being Strong Is Your Only Choice.”
S.E.A. Interpretation: Life can really knock us down a peg or two – or ten, at times. Sometimes the only thing we have, if nothing else, is our personal strength to stand on our own two feet every morning just to get out of bed. You are stronger than you know and you will prove it to yourself time and again.
3. “The Greatness of a Man Is Not In How Much Wealth He Acquires, But In His Integrity and His Ability To Affect Those Around Him Positively.”
S.E.A. Interpretation: The measure of a man (or woman) is not in how much money he or she acquires, it’s about how we live our lives and help one another. In being the best kind of person we can be. In doing what we can, with what we have, to further enhance the World.
4. “Love The Life You Live, Live The Life You Love.”
S.E.A. Interpretation: Not happy with your life or where it’s going? Consider what you can do to make a change, however small, that will propel you toward your dreams and happiness. Start saving a small cash fund, or researching the necessary steps in order to get where you need to be.
5. “Every Man Got The Right To Decide His Own Destiny”
S.E.A. Interpretation: This goes for every woman as well, we are all equal, we are all one. Don’t let society or anyone for that matter tell you how your life should be lived, or how your body should look, or anything that goes against what your heart and soul most desires.
6. “In The Abundance of Water, a Fool Is Thirsty.”
S.E.A. Interpretation: The Universal Law of Abundance states that we are in a constant state of unconditional love and abundance. We have only to set the intention for that which we desire and work towards achieving this goal in small steps every day. By focusing only on the ‘lack’ or on the negative, we hold ourselves in resistance to our desired outcome.
7. “The People Who Were Trying To Make This World Worse Are Not Taking The Day Off. Why Should I?”
S.E.A. Interpretation: Despite how many people out there who always seem to be in a bad mood or doing deplorable things toward others, never let them discourage your progress. Keep doing what you know is best and help those whom you’re able to help along the way.
8. “Live For Yourself and You Will Live In Vain; Live For Others and You Will Live Again.”
S.E.A. Interpretation: Though it’s good to take care of and love yourself first and foremost, don’t stop there – do the same for other’s as well. Help those in need of help, and bring a smile to the faces of those you care for.
9. “The Truth Is, Everyone, Is Going To Hurt You. You Just Got To Find The One’s Worth Suffering For.”
S.E.A. Interpretation: In one way or another, the things we love tend to hurt us every time. This may simply be due to the natural occurrence of things coming to an end, as nothing lasts forever. Know this before entering anything new, devote your time and energy to that which is worthy of such.
10. “The Biggest Coward Is a Man Who Awakens a Woman’s Love With No Intention of Loving Her.”
S.E.A. Interpretation: This works in reverse as well, for women who awaken a man’s love with no intention of loving him. It goes both ways. Don’t play with the emotions and feelings of another person, for this is truly cruel. Love with all your heart, but only if it’s real and true. Keep things open and honest.
11. “When One Door Is Closed, Don’t You Know That Many More Are Open?”
S.E.A. Interpretation: Though it’s difficult when good things come to an end, and it may be difficult to let them go. It’s best to focus on what’s yet ahead of you, without dwelling too much on the past. This doesn’t mean to forget where you’ve come from, it simply means when you feel like you can no longer go on, trust there is yet so much ahead of you if you’re only willing enough to reach for it.
12. “Don’t Worry About a Thing ‘Cause Every Little Thing Gonna Be Alright.”
S.E.A. Interpretation: The most popular quote by Mr. Marley, is to try not to let stress and anxiety compound you. It’s unhealthy. Things will work out and progress exactly as they’re meant too, exactly as they’ve always been meant to all along, whether or not you realize or believe in this. Release the stranglehold of worry life places upon you and take a breath. Everything will be just fine.
No matter what area of life you’re confused or upset about; be it love, hope, strength, or life in general – Bob Marley has experienced the same feelings you’re going through, as have we all – you are not alone. Take comfort in knowing this and you’ll feel a lot happier about whatever it is you’re dealing with.
Latest posts by Breanne Katherine (see all)
- DIY Dry Shampoo Recipe With Orris Root For Super Shiny Hair! - November 1, 2017
- Spray-On Dry Shampoo For Quick Clean Hair In a Few Simple Steps - September 22, 2017
- Electronic Tattoo That Can Access Your Phone or Electronic Devices With a Single Touch! - August 17, 2017